Assign some custom fields to a custom template
In a previous blog article we looked at how to create custom page templates. We’re now going to assign some custom fields to a template described in that article.
- Click on ‘Custom Fields’ on the left hand admin menu
- Click ‘Add new’
- Under ‘Location’ set the rule to ‘Page Template’ is ‘Equal to’ ‘My custom template’
- Above the location section click ‘Add field’ and enter the field name. For this demonstration we’ll call the field name ‘custom_about’ with a field type of ‘wysiwig editor’
- Give the field group a name at the top, in this demo I’ve called it ‘Extra’
- Click ‘Publish’ on the right hand side
If you go to one of your pages now and select your custom template, you’ll notice that the additional custom fields are available.